Your search results


In the unlikely event that your carbon monoxide detector begins to alarm, it is imperative to ensure that all family members are aware of how to deal with the alert and the preventative steps to take.

The automatic reaction when hearing an alarm is to leave the property. While this is the right thing to do, there are a few tasks you must do beforehand to improve safety. As soon as you hear the detector begin to alarm, fully open all windows and doors in the property; try to let as much air into the home as possible. One of the main reasons as to why carbon monoxide begins to build is due to poor ventilation, which means that through allowing fresh air to filter through, the gas will slowly start to clear. Next, ensure that all fuel-burning appliances are switched off and then leave the property.

If once you have left the property, and you notice that you are feeling unwell and showing any of the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning, seek medical attention immediately. Depending on your condition, you must either contact your doctor or call an ambulance on 999.

Regardless of how you are feeling, it is vital never to return inside until you have resolved the issue. Similarly to the police or paramedics, the National Gas Emergency Services is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to solve any carbon monoxide-related issues. You must call the National Gas Emergency Services on 0800 111 999 to seek advice on the safety of your property before re-entering.

  • Advanced Search

    £ 300 to £ 8.000

Compare Listings